Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Eve

In my last post I said I would give details about my New Year's eve plans. There were seven of us there, including our hosts. Pastor and his wife were invited but decided to stay home. Everyone there, except Denny, were in the mission group with whom I went to the Ukraine. We had a potluck supper. After we ate we sat around and just talked all evening. We ate at 7 p.m. One couple brought some games but we never played any of them. No one stayed until midnight. I think it was about 11:30 when we toasted the new year and then everyone left. I looked at the clock in my car and it read 11:45. I got home at about 12:03. My old church we would have a gathering at the church on New Year's eve and everyone would be ready to leave by 9. One year some friends and I decided we were going to stay until midnight and evetone there thought we were crazy and made no bones about telling us! I think that was probably the last time we tried that. It wasn't worth the hassle.

No comments: