Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Huckabee Hustle

I found this article at The American Thinker, written by Selwin Duke. I find the comparison between Mike Huckabee and Jimmy Carter startling and right on target. I was a Huckabee supporter until I started to hear and read things about his position on illegal immigration.

Now I find myself looking for another candidate to support. As some one else has said previously, I wish we could take all the parts we like about a candidate and put them into one person. I like certain things about 3 or 4 different people. I guess I'll have to look and see which one has the most I like and the least I don't like. I think for right now it's Tom Tancredo, but I worry as to how electable he is. I like Guiliani on immigration but worry about his abortion views and his gun control policies as mayor of New York.

We need a social conservative as much as we need a political conservative. I hope we can find and elect one.

No comments: