Friday, July 09, 2004

The Continuing Adventures

After spending 10 hours at the hospital in Iowa City I am having surgery on Monday, July 12 at 8 am. The Surgeon said it would be in the afternoon. He said it would be either early or late afternoon because mine was an add on surgery. I just called to get my arrival and surgery times and, after double checking, she said it's 8 am.

This whole thing has been a circus. The only reason I am going to Iowa City is because I don't have any health insurance and the state has program that will pay for everything, assuming I qualify. Knowing my luck I won't and I'll end up having to pay for it just like if I had stayed in Des Moines, like I originally wanted. If I had stayed here the surgery would have been done already. Dr. Sager said on Wednesday that he could do it on Thursday or Friday.

With Iowa City being 2 hours away, I'll be sitting up there for a week by myself with no visitors or anything. It's even long distance to call home so I won't be doing that either. But this is what my parents wanted and, by God, what they want is the most important thing in anything that happens to me. My opinion has never meant anything about anything. As long as it doesn't cost my dad any money he doesn't care what I do but as soon as it might cost him a cent it's his way or the highway.

At this point I really don't care what happens to me. If I died from this it would certainly solve my problems and save my dad some money too. My mom isn't even coming on Monday because, apparently, we said something to hurt her feelings yesterday. Her feelings are the most important thing after all, you know.

I am just so fed up with the whole situation. My parents haven't even acknowledged the fact that this might be ovarian cancer. The doctors don't think it is but they can't rule it out yet either.

Whatever happens will happen, nothing I do can change it. Worry is just a waste of time and energy. God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: