Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Hospital Stay

I finally returned home this evening after being in the hospital since Monday morning. Around 4:30 Saturday morning I had pain in my abdomen that I, once again, assumed was a UTI. I called my doctor for an antibiotic prescription. I took it for two days and Monday morning the pain was almost as bad as it was on Saturday so I went to the emergency room. They did x-rays and an ultrasound to diagnose the problem. Turns out I have bi-lateral ovarian masses that are fairly huge. I don't know exact sizes. Tomorrow I have an appointment in Iowa City for a consultation and CT scan. Surgery will be scheduled after that for, probably, a complete hysterectomy; which is not a big deal because I have already gone through menopause.

Stay tuned for the continuing saga.

No comments: