Friday, July 23, 2004

Last Visit to Iowa City

I had my first post-op check up in Iowa City today.  My staples were removed and I was given the final pathology report on what they found from my surgery.  Everything was benign.  There was a fibroid in my uterus and the cysts were 15 cm around and 8 cm around.  I lost 14 pounds from pre-op to post-op today.  I think most of it was from the cysts that were removed.

I asked about the driving restriction of 6 weeks and Dr. Maasen said I could drive when I can step on the brakes hard and not worry about pain.  Hopefully that will be in about 2 weeks.   Right now I can't even sneeze all the way because of the pain.  I'm figuring that when I can sneeze all the way I can drive.  I also asked about going to the state fair next month and she said I should be fine; just pay attention to my body and rest when I need to and stay hydrated.  I do that already so it shouldn't be too hard.

Dr. Maasen said that because I was doing so well I don't need to come back for any more follow-up appointments.  Whoo-hoo!

No comments: