Friday, July 16, 2004

Home From Iowa City

I had surgery on Monday to remove my ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and uterus; a total hysterectomy.  The cysts on my ovaries were as big as a cantaloupe and a grapefruit.  I was released from the hospital this afternoon and got home around 5:40 after a 2 hour trip home.  I have a follow-up appointment  next Friday, July 23 at 1:15 pm.  My sister has agreed to drive me to this appointment to have my staples removed.  The doctors say it doesn't hurt to take them out, but my dad has had 2 abdominal surgeries and he says "oh, yes they do hurt."
 
The last couple of mornings I have been dizzy and nauseous while I was in the hospital.  Yesterday they even did a CT scan on my chest to check for a possible blood clot in my lungs, the scan showed nothing, Praise God!

I am not allowed to drive for 6 weeks and especially while taking oxycodone which is a narcotic pain killer.

No comments: