Thursday, April 28, 2005

Finally . . . A Job!

Tuesday I got a phone call from Spherion. They are a staffing agency (read temp agency) I applied with probably a month ago for a data entry position. I made an appointment for 10:30 Wednesday morning. I figured it would take two hours to complete all the tests and things. I left their office at some where between 2:30 and 2:45. After going to Target I got home at 3:30. I had planned on making chocolate chip cookies yesterday after I got home but alas I returned too late. Wee, after I left Spherion and before I got home they called to say I had been sent home before I had taken the skill tests, so I had to go back today to do that. Yesterday I forgot to take a copy of my resume for them so I took a copy today also. I took several types of tests today but the one that I really needed to do well on I had to take three times to increase my speed to an acceptable rate. This evening at almost 6 pm Melody, at Spherion, called and asked if I was still interested in a job in Carlisle that we had discussed yesterday. I said that I was and she said I would have to go back in tomorrow to sign some paperwork so I could start working on Monday. YAY!!! I haven't had a paycheck since January, so this is very good. I don't know the name of the place I will be working at yet but I'm sure I will find out tomorrow. I talked to my sister and she thinks she knows where I'll be going. Turns out my older niece had applied there and was turned down because her data entry speed was not high enough for them. I don't even know how long this assignment is, for all I know it could be temp-to-hire. Hopefully all will be revealed tomorrow.

On a separate note, I finally made those cookies this afternoon, they turned out well.

No comments: