Saturday, April 23, 2005

More domesticity

Mom and Dad went to my older sisters house today to mow her three acre yard with their mower because hers doesn't work very well and she can't afford to buy a new one yet. When they got home they were both really tired so I was "volunteered" to make supper tonight. I made macaroni and cheese with peas and tuna. I was easy and pretty quick. We finished off the rhubarb pies tonight too. Mom and I decided that next time we definitely need probably twice as much rhubarb as we had for these two pies. They tasted really good though. I think I did well for my first making custard. If only I could learn to roll out the crust! I have tried and tried but I just can't get it right and Mom is not very good at teaching technique. I guess I will just have to practice. One of my favorite cooking shows is "Good Eats" on the Food Network and Alton Brown, the host, uses spacers (or stacked up rubber bands) on the rolling pin to get the right thickness. My problem is that I can't get the same thickness overall. The spacers would probably help with that.

No comments: